Exercise – Take Out Your STINKING Trash
In your room, make a chart that has a column for each day of the week and put it up on the wall. It should look like this:
Now the fun part. Click here for an illustrated example of the Take Out Your STINKING Trash Exercise.
- After entering the total on your chart, take the tally sheet you used that day and rip it into as many small pieces as you have marks for that day. For example, if you had 50 STINKING thoughts that day, tear the paper into exactly 50 pieces.
- Get a plastic container with a lid and fill it with water.
- Dump your torn up STINKING thoughts into the water, put the lid on the container and place in your freezer.
- Each morning, prepare for a new day by getting a clean tally sheet. Then set your frozen container out in the sink to thaw.
- Continue doing this for 7 days. Tally each day’s negative thoughts, tear up the paper into pieces, put the pieces into the thawed container, and stick it back in the freezer overnight.
- You will notice as the days pass, your old negative thoughts will begin to really STINK! Know that’s what they do to your life too!
- On the last night, drain the water and take a big whiff of the STINKING soggy mess. Throw it in the waste bin!
- Now the final step. TAKE OUT YOUR STINKING TRASH!
Check out these other great exercises!