The numbers are simply staggering. While doing research, I quickly started getting nauseated with what I was discovering. Something seriously has to be done. I know there are a lot of people out there but what can I do? I decided to add this new barrel and provide resources that can help.
Did you know?
– 90% of 4th through 8th graders report being victims of bullying.
– 87% of students said shootings are motivated by a desire to “get back at those who have hurt them.”
– 75% of girls with low self-esteem reported engaging in negative activities like cutting, bullying, smoking, drinking, or disordered eating.
– 20% of teens suffer from depression.
– Suicide is the third leading cause of death in younger adolescents in the US (10–14 years) & the leading cause of death in this age group in countries such as China, Sweden, Ireland, Australia, & New Zealand.
– In 2013, more people now die of suicide than in car accidents.
That last statistic really surprised me and was the minute I decided, yes, I can do something. Our children need to have tools and resources available to them to counter these very tough statistics. That is why I added this source to my website to help them as well as their parents deal with these issues. I will be updating this page regularly so please comeback often as new tools and techniques are developed in the STINKIN’ COOL fashion the site is known for!
Life After Bullying – Click here to read this incredible article.
Stop Bullying Video – Webisodes. Click here to checkout this video AND a ton of additional information.
Click here checkout this anti-bullying video done by a middle school. Truly amazing and incredible job! Now that is what I am talking about!
Click here to checkout the first video. Michael & Marisa’s anti-bullying video. Very, very nice job!
http://www.pacer.org/bullying/ – AMAZING site with incredible resources. Please check this out to see how you can make a difference today!
stopbullyingworld.org – Great resource for eliminating bullying and hosts an annual conference
anniefox.com – Our featured guest for Meet the Peeps for my Positive Pathways Newsletter
dswalker.com – An excellent resource and blog for parents and anyone looking to assist kids today
stopbullying.gov – Government site designed to assist with bullying
stopbullyingnow.com – Incredible site with great information
how-to-stop-bullying.com – Another great resource for how to deal with bullying
eductationworld.com – Bully lesson plans
STINKIN’ COOL Bullying News!
Facebook used to rally 100 to stand behind boy being bullied – SALEM, Ore. – Friday was a rare day when a kid who’s been picked on confronted his bully with the support of 100 people who showed up to rally for him. It started as a single Facebook message posted by Halsey Parkerson’s aunt. She went to South Salem High School on Thursday to meet him for lunch. She overheard the bully telling her nephew that he doesn’t have any friends and that no one cares. Click here to read the full story!
More will be added soon!
Sign up for our Mailing List
Recent Blog Posts
Clearing Your Mind – An Ordinarily Extraordinary To Do Exercise
3 months ago
Are we afraid of our own thoughts?
2 years ago
Turnaround School Academy Drawing
2 years ago
Daily Positive Points
2 years ago
Top 10 Kindness Quotes
2 years ago
- Clearing Your Mind – An Ordinarily Extraordinary To Do Exercise