Here is the final portion of Chapter 5 How to Avoid Catching the STINK EYE from my new book STINKIN’ THINKIN’ STINKS! Plan on spending the rest of the weekend working through the rest of the exercise. Send me feedback or post a comment on Facebook, Twitter or email.
With peace and gratitude,
Day 4: Repeat Day 3 exercise using a new card.
Day 5: Repeat Day 3 exercise again using a new card.
Day 6: Get the sixth index card and write “Like” on one side and “Don’t Like” on the other. Your job today is to write down the things you notice that you like on the “Like” side of the card, and write the things you see that aren’t pleasing to you on the “Don’t Like” side of the card. Today, don’t put on your cool shades. Try this exercise for thirty minutes.
Day 7: Repeat Day 6 exercise, but this time put on the cool shades for the entire exercise.
By Day 7, you’ll probably write more things on the “Like” side of the index card than on the “Don’t Like” side. That’s great! From now on, when you use the cool shades, you’ll find yourself looking for things you like more quickly¾and you will find more things that you like. This is due to the programming of your mind during the third through fifth days. Cool shades are amazing, aren’t they?
Tips for a Successful Exercise
- Go to different places each of day.
- Keep an upbeat attitude.
- Don’t judge what you don’t like, just notice it and write it down.
- Expect that you will see more positive things than negative.
- Focus on the good for days three through seven.
The STINKIN’ Summary
- STINK Eyes distort what you see and inject negativity.
- Become aware of how you look at things.
- STINK Eyes are very contagious.
- Having a STINK eye is a choice.
- Cools shades will help you see what you like.
STINK eyes typically take perfectly harmless situations and make them appear negative. Everything appears worse than it really is. Avoid catching the STINK eye at all costs.